Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Puerto Riiiiicooo!

Annnnnd I'm back.

I know I know, its been a long long time. But I have a few excuses, 1) My computer needed a new hard drive, unbeknownst to me, and so for the longest time I couldn't access my blog without my computer freezing and being a royal pain in the ass. 2) I was recovering from shoulder surgery and that gets old to hear about after a while.

I am currently on my way to Puerto Rico, like, in the plane. I splurged and bought the 12 dollar internet....total rip off obvi BUT I was desperate to take my mind of the hunger. We got delayed 2 hours while sitting ON the plane because of some technical issue that I am sure was worth the wait....... but I have not had anything to eat but cheez-its and mike-n-ikes for the last 10 hours. #healthy

I basically just wanted to write and tell everybody what I know so far, which is...nothing. No clue where I am living, who I am living with (well I know who she is but have never met her) or when I will even be able to play.  The manager told me to not stress about having my shoulder ready to play until I could get there and the team doctor could get a look at it.  I am now almost to being 4 months post surgery, which is when the doctor said I would be able to start playing again. I have been working with a Personal Trainer who took pleasure in whipping my booty into shape! Now that being said,  the Christmas holidays RIGHT before I left for PR did not help one bit, but I did do my best to come into season being fit and in shape, because I knew my shoulder would still be on the mend.

Season does not start until the end of January which is really cool because I will be able to get my shoulder ready where it needs to be by that time I think! I have not touched a volleyball in at least 5 months....which is super weird....  It's like riding a bike right??

Anyways, I will keep you posted and do all the here-is-my-apartment-pictures thing so you can really get a feeling of what its like to live on a tropical island.  ;) Don't hate.

Yay me!

Ky

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I live in Spain, and we are going to miss you a lot!! I liked to see you playing on the tv.
    My Best wishes in your new team!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheez-its and Mike-n-ikes are both healthy foods...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kyle, we miss you in Ciutadella. Best. Pedro Pons.

    ReplyDelete